- 4. Purpose for Which Information is Collected and Used We collect Personal Information for a variety of reasons, including (without limitation) to: provide Training to the Participant; store Training and personnel records for use by the Participant, its Business Associate and ourselves; otherwise facilitate personal development, training, and performance monitoring through the Website; and to meet our RTO obligations outlined in the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 and associated legislative requirements such as Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 On request by a Participant, we will take all reasonable steps to inform the Participant the purpose or relevance of the Personal Information we have collected.
- 5. Collection of Data We gather Personal Information about the Participant from its completion of the account opening process on the Website and a variety of sources, including websites we operate, websites operated by others, telephone calls with the Participant, enrolment forms, other agreements with us. We may also gather Personal Information about the Participant from other companies with which we maintain business relationships. Where we collect Personal Information from third parties only where it is necessary for the completion of Training. In this case, we take all reasonable steps to ensure the Participant is aware that Information has been collected. The Personal Information collected from Participants may include but may not be limited to: Information provided by the Participant, such as the Participants’ name, address(es), employer(s), employee identification number(s), telephone number(s), fax number(s), e-mail address(es), date and place of birth, driver’s license number, passport number, credit card information, Unique Student Identifier; Information about the Participant’s transactions with us, our affiliates or others, including without limitation, details of the Training undertaken or being undertaken by the Participant, the Participant’s results and records, training plans, personnel records and any relevant certificates or statements of attainment; and Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as the Participant’s creditworthiness and credit history. We may also collect Sensitive Information about the Participant where it is necessary for the purpose of the Training. We make a note every time Personal Information kept on the Website is accessed
6. Unsolicited Personal InformationWe may receive Personal Information, including Sensitive Information, from third parties. Where that information is necessary or an immediate adjunct to providing the Training or complying with the law, we will retain that information and deal with it in the same way as all other Personal Information. Where that information is not necessary or an immediate adjunct to providing the Training or complying with the law, we will destroy that information as soon as it comes to our attention.
7. Consequences of not providing InformationIf Personal Information requested by us is not provided then the Participant may be denied access to the Website or the Training, or to certain parts or features of the Website or Training which could limit the Participant’s ability to receive Training, or to access Information through the Website. It may also limit the Participant’s ability to use other features of the Website which a third party, such as its Business Associate may offer.
8. Privacy SettingsWhere the Participant is undertaking the Training via the Website, the Participant may control the Personal Information available to third parties by making the appropriate selections in the My Training page of the Website.
9. Quality of Personal Informationetrainu takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information collected is accurate, up to date and complete for the purposes for which we use that data, and that any Personal Information that etrainu uses or discloses is also accurate and up to date.etrainu does this by actively confirming Personal Information when in consultation with the Participant and ensures this information is promptly updated to all relevant records. Where the Participant considers the Personal Information which we hold is incorrect or has been superseded, it should either correct that information through the Website or contact us without delay if the Website does not provide the necessary access. If we refuse to correct the Personal Information as requested by the Participant, we will provide a notice setting out the reasons for our refusal and the process available to the Participant to complain about the refusal.
10. How to Access or Correct DataParticipants with accounts on our Website are able to access and edit their contact and similar information through the Website, by logging into their account, clicking the account tab, editing the data and saving the revised personal information. Where Participants do not have an account on the Website, access to Personal information can only be facilitated by written request. We will respond to such a request as quickly as possible. We do not charge a fee to Participants to enable them to access and edit their Personal Information. The participant is notified via email of any physical changes made to their profile. If a participant chooses not to provide their email address, etrainu cannot notify them of any changes. Certain data, such as the results of tests conducted by and the details of certificates issued by etrainu –cannot be changed by the Participant, in which case the Participant may correct factual errors in that data by sending a request to us that credibly shows the error. The Participant should contact our main office for information about how to exercise these rights. We will respond to any such request in a reasonable and practical time. A Participant does not have access via the Website to some Information provided by its Business Associate, and should contact the Business Associate for details of the information held. We may refuse access to Personal Information by a Participant where: providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual; providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other people; the request if frivolous or vexatious; the Personal Information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the Participant and us and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; providing access would disclose our intentions in relation to negotiations with the Participant in such a way as to prejudice those negations; providing access would be unlawful or is prohibited by law; providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity or of improper or prescribed conduct or similar; an enforcement body performing a lawful security function asks us not to provide the information. providing access would reveal evaluative information generated by us in connection with a commercially sensitive decision. We will provide a reason for any denial of access to some or all Personal Information for a Participant.
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and NCVER.
- Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
- populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
- You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.